What are your favorite things to cook your family? Once you have submitted your recipe, we'll post it online with your name and state for everyone to see.More >>
This recipe is for four scallops.
For the scallops:
4 each Fresh large sea scallops U-10 2 T Dry porcini mushroom powder 2 T Olive oil
For the Sauce:
8 oz. Raw shrimp ½ c. Fresh diced fennel 1 T Minced garlic 2 oz. Tomato juice 2 T Unsalted butter 2oz. Limon cello 2 T Olive oil Black pepper Fresh chopped parsley Sea Salt
For the Panzanella:
2 sl. Bread cubes- about 3/8 inch cut ¼ c. Diced cucumber ¼ c. Diced onion 1 T Fresh basil 1 T Fresh chopped parsley ½ c Favorite vinaigrette dressing
1. Start preparations by mixing the ingredients for the panzanella together in a bowl. Let these ingredients marinate. The bread should get very soft, and the mixture should have a "cottage cheese" type consistency. Reserve in the fridge.
2. In a small sauté pan pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and heat until almost smoking. Dust the scallops on all sides with the dry porcini mushroom powder, and place in the sauté pan and sear on each side. Pull the pan off the burner, and let the scallops finish slowly in the pan uncovered.
3. In another sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sauté the shrimp with the garlic, fennel, and black pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink on both sides.
4. Pour in the limo cello, this mixture will produce a flame so be careful. Let the alcohol burn out and add in the tomato juice and the butter. Finish with the chopped parsley.
5. For your plate presentation, take a small soufflé cup, or a large shot glass, and press the panzanella into it tightly. Then tap the soufflé cups upside down on to your dinner plate. You are forming a platform to place your scallops on, so really press the salad into the cups so they form a firm foundation.
6. Next, pour the sauce around the salad towers, and then place the scallops on the top of the towers. Garnish the sauce with lemon wedges, and sea salt. Enjoy!