Three Bean & Ham Soup in Busy People's Slow Cooker Cookbook
This soup is a great source of protein and fiber, and it has an excellent flavor.
1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can lima beans
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can mild chili beans
1 pound lean ham, cubed
1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (1-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix (2 envelopes per box)
4 cups hot water
• Spray a slow cooker with nonfat cooking spray.
• Pour the cans of pork and beans, lima beans, and chili beans into the slow cooker.
• With a hand-held mixer beat the beans in the slow cooker on high speed for 1 minute to make a thick base for the soup.
• Add the cubed ham, tomato soup, onion soup mix, and water.
• Stir until well mixed.
• Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hour or on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Yield: 10 (1-cup) servings
Calories: 201; Fat: 3 grams (15% fat); Cholesterol: 25mg; Carbohydrate: 28g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 1682mg
730 North Summit Street