2 slabs of baby back ribs
Gerties Premium BBQ Sauce
granulated garlic powder
fresh ground black pepper
basil or finger crushed rosemary
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- rinse slabs of ribs with cold water
- sprinkle both sides of ribs with garlic powder, salt, fresh ground black pepper, basil or finger crushed rosemary. Season to taste.
- place ribs in baking pan "bone down"
- pour ½ cup of water into pan
- cover pan completely tight with heavy duty aluminum, not to allow heat or moisture to escape
- place pan of ribs into oven 45 mins.-1 hr.
- while ribs are in oven, preheat grill or have coals HOT for 20 mins.
- (optional) place wedged onions directly on to coals or flame. This gives meat a great smoked flavor and tenderization. This should be done just before searing meat on the grill
- place ribs on to grill, searing meat for 2-3 mins each side
- apply a generous amount of "Gertie's Premium BBQ Sauce with barbecue brush and turn ribs over to allow sauce to carmelize into meat approximately 1 min.per side
- remove from grill, cut and serve. Ribs should pull apart perfectly.
730 North Summit Street