The Reds and Bengals are offering four dates where Cincinnati sports fans can attend a Reds game and Bengals practice double header.
This August, as the Reds continue their push towards the MLB postseason, the Bengals will be holding training camp in Cincinnati for the first time, and both organizations are hoping to draw Cincinnati sports fans to the riverfront.
The double headers consist of a Reds home game preceding, or followed by, a Bengals training practice or intrasquad scrimmage at Paul Brown Stadium.
"There is nothing better than seeing your favorite sports teams live and in person and for the first time ever you can watch Bengals training camp in Cincinnati and take in a Reds game on the same day," said Phil Castellini, Reds Chief Operating Officer.
"We are thrilled to offer training camp in downtown Cincinnati for the first time ever, and to give local sports fans the opportunity to cheer for the Reds and Bengals on the same day," said Jeff Berding, Director of Sales and Public Affairs for the Bengals. "The practices on these promotional days will be in the stadium to accommodate large crowds and have been scheduled to avoid any conflicts with the Reds games. We are Reds fans, and are excited to work together with this very cool promotion."
The schedule for the double headers is as follows:
Thursday, August 2
• Reds vs. San Diego Padres at Great American Ball Park (12:35 p.m.)
• Bengals Practice at Paul Brown Stadium (6 p.m.)
Saturday, August 4
• Bengals Intrasquad Scrimmage at Paul Brown Stadium (3 p.m.)
• Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park (7:10 p.m.)
Sunday, August 5
• Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park (1:10 p.m.)
• Bengals Black/White Mock Game at Paul Brown Stadium (6 p.m.)
Sunday, August 19
• Reds vs. Chicago Cubs at Great American Ball Park (1:10 p.m.)
• Bengals Practice at Paul Brown Stadium (4 p.m.)
Local businesses will soon feature three different posters promoting these events featuring both a Reds and Bengals player on each:
• Cincinnati's Best Hands: A.J. Green & Brandon Phillips
• Cincinnati's Hardest Hitters: Rey Maualuga & Jay Bruce
• Cincinnati's Top Guns: Andy Dalton & Aroldis Chapman
For more information on the Bengals practices and Reds games that you can enjoy for your hometown doubleheader, please visit Bengals.com and Reds.com.