TOLEDO, OH (TOLEDO NEWS NOW) - Community members will gather for a brief vigil and a moment of silence at the Violence Against Women Memorial Rock on Monday, Oct. 29.
The gathering is to honor Amber Jones and Lorie Miller, who lost their lives this month at the hands of abusive men. These latest two deaths brings the total to 10 of women in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan who lost their lives in 2012 at the hands of an abusive partner:
· Amber Jones in Northwood, OH on October 16
· Lorie Miller in Sandusky, OH on October 17
· Amy Merrill and Lisa Gritzmaker (sisters) in Blissfield, MI on July 13
· Leandra Frankum in Perrysburg Heights on July 22
· Carlin Glenn and Andrea Glenn (mother and daughter) in Lima, OH on July 26
· Leslie Waingrow in Toledo on May 12
· Jazmon Hoskins in Toledo on May 24
· Tiffany Wilborn in Toledo on March 11
The community is invited to gather at the memorial rock at 5:30 p.m. on the front lawn of Sanger Library located at 3030 W. Central Ave.
The vigil is sponsored by the Take Back the Night Collective, Independent Advocates, and the National Organization for Women Toledo chapter.
Copyright 2012 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.