A man and his 10-year-old child are in Bay State Medical Center being treated for burns after a house fire early Tuesday morning.
According to Fire Chief William Flaherty, firefighters arrived to heavy smoke coming from the first floor of a house on Garden Street. A second man was also in the house. All three victims were out of the home when they arrived.
The child is said to have burns on his ears, while the father is being treated for burns on his mouth and back.
Firefighters say an unextinguished cigarette may have caused the fire as it may have been knocked onto the upholstered chair by the family cat.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Monday, May 20 2013 9:18 PM EDT2013-05-21 01:18:04 GMT
Police tape circled a busy Westfield intersection Monday afternoon as investigators worked to piece together a tragic accident that left a little boy dead. Witnesses told CBS 3 he had been out on an afternoonMore >>
Police tape circled a busy Westfield intersection Monday afternoon as investigators worked to piece together a tragic accident that left a little boy dead.More >>
Monday, May 20 2013 7:26 PM EDT2013-05-20 23:26:40 GMT
Westfield police say a child has been killed in a traffic accident this afternoon near the corner of Montgomery and Crown Street. CBS 3 has a crew on the way and will bring the latest information to youMore >>
Westfield police say a 7-year-old boy has been killed in a traffic accident this afternoon near the corner of Montgomery and Crown Street.More >>
Hearing on the radio that a violent storm was approaching her rural Oklahoma neighborhood, Lindsay Carter took advantage of the advanced warning, gathered her belongings and fled. When she returned, there was little...More >>
A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying an elementary school with a direct blow as children and teachers huddled against...More >>