Sunday, December 8 2013 5:26 PM EST2013-12-08 22:26:38 GMT
A man was flown to a hospital in Cleveland with serious injuries after a car accident in Erie County on Saturday afternoon. The Ohio State Highway Patrol says Gary L McKisic, 47, of South Amherst, wasMore >>
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says Gary L McKisic, 47, of South Amherst, was driving on Kneisel Road when his car went off the right side of the road.More >>
"Me and my wife separated due to -- for several reasons; um, one of which being the way she treated my children," Terry Steinfurth told Nancy Grace Monday night. More >>
"Me and my wife separated due to -- for several reasons; um, one of which being the way she treated my children. That's why we separated, and we separated back in November," Terry Steinfurth told Nancy Grace Monday night.More >>
(Toledo News Now) -
There's no doubt, every time you cook your kitchen cupboards, counters and stove tops acquire all sorts of grime and dirt, leaving you no choice but to deep clean now and then. The same goes for restaurant kitchens, but there are many different types of buildup in need of attention.
"Sludge like buildup" was found inside the dish machine of McDonald's on Main Street in east Toledo. More of its five violations include "dark buildup" on utensil drawers and underneath soda pop nozzles, as well as a rusted screw. Noted dripping inside the ice machine was immediately replaced.
Grease buildup is present underneath the cook line at Magdalena's on West Alexis Road in west Toledo. There are also broken or missing floor tiles in need of cleaning in the kitchen. However, the county health report says the floors are scheduled for repair. Inspectors say the facility has made significant improvements over the past several months.
More buildup can be found in City Q Barbeque's six violations. Located on West Central Avenue in west Toledo, inspectors saw buildup on equipment, shelves, cooler doors and gaskets. But cole slaw, salads and whipped cream all had to be tossed after inspectors found improper food temperatures inside the fridge. Additionally, several items were found sitting out at room temperature - also at unsafe levels - including horse radish, pork and fries. Inspectors also noted employees' personal items stored over food items.
Grease buildup at Hooters on Monroe Street in west Toledo was found on hood filters and inside the ice machine. In its eight violations, there was no access for cooks to wash their hands in the kitchen, but even if there was, inspectors found no soap. Inspectors noted food containers cracked, much like the floor tiles, and some were even broken near the dish machine, collecting standing water.
Sylvania's Chuck E Cheese's has a dish machine that does not dispense chlorine sanitizer during the final rinse. Hot water is turned off at the hand sink near the food prep area, but it was turned back on at the time of inspection. Of the six violations, inspectors found containers of shredded cheese sitting on the floor.
Blackwood's Grille on Holland-Sylvania Road in Sylvania Township has been in a previous restaurant ratings report because inspectors could not find anyone food safety certified when they paid a visit. Several months later, inspectors are running into the same problem. No one present at the time of inspection had the proper credentials. Of its three violations, inspectors also noted food stored in the fridge past its seven-day holding limit.
On the other hand, the Burger King on Laskey Road in west Toledo is boasting a violation free report. So is Subway and Deet's BBQ in Maumee.