A home on Pease Road has been badly damaged in a fire that ripped through it late Wednesday afternoon.
East Longmeadow fire officials say the fire was spreading from the garage when they arrived on scene. The fire later spread to the living room.
No one was home at the time of the fire. Two dogs were taken from the home and brought to a local animal hospital for treatment.
Crews from Longmeadow assisted in the response.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
730 North Summit Street