Key Bank is offering free tax preparation on Feb. 9 in partnership with United Way of Greater Toledo.
The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the United Way located at 424 Jackson Street. The event has already been completely booked, but you can still get tax help by calling 211.
Super Refund Saturday is a one-day event, during which KeyBank professionals provide free income tax preparation assistance to low- and moderate-income wage earners and help qualified individuals claim the Earned Income Tax Credit.
This event is one of 50 that will be held around northwest Ohio. Organizers say they realize how important no charge is to Toledo residents.
"A lot of these families that we know from past years are struggling to pay basic needs. You know, utilities and rent. And it helps them get back on track, get back on their feet. And the connection with 211 is amazing because we have staff here, and our volunteers are trained to connect them to resources. So we hear those stories, and we're able to tell them where to go and find help," said Marcela Alcala, director of 211 services with the United Way of Greater Toledo.
To qualify for the EITC, earned income must be less than:
• $45,060 ($50,270 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
• $41,952 ($47,162 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
• $36,920 ($42,130 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
• $13,980 ($19,190 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
To take advantage of Super Refund Saturday, income tax return filers should bring these documents:
• Valid photo ID
• Social Security card for themselves and each dependent
• W-2 Forms (reporting full-time wages)
• Previous year's tax return
• 1099 Forms (reporting part-time work and interest income), if applicable
• Unemployment forms, if applicable
• Proof of child care payments
• Other IRS forms as appropriate
• Bank account information and bank routing number
Anyone with questions can call United Way's 211 number of 1-800-650-4357.
Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.
730 North Summit Street