The Trinity Fire Department managed to contain a gas leak before it go out-of-hand, but a water treatment worker is injured in the Sunday morning incident.
Trinity County Sheriff Woody Wallace said the worker had gone in a room in a Camp Olympia water treatment plant and did not close a chlorine gas valve. He managed to call 911 and is on the way to the hospital. Wallace did not know the extent of his injuries.
Firefighters were able to turn off the gas and keep it contained to that one room.
730 North Summit Street