Sunday, July 27 2014 5:57 PM EDT2014-07-27 21:57:03 GMT
A dive team is searching for the body of a 34-year-old man from the Toledo area, believed to have drowned in a Jet Ski accident on Saturday. It happened around 8:30 p.m. Saturday in a private pond inMore >>
The body of 34-year-old Jason Mitchell, from Perrysburg, was located by divers around 1pm on Sunday in about seven feet of water.More >>
Thousands of dollars can be saved by not skimping on certain home maintenance tasks each year. Here are a few to keep in mind:
1) Check for mold on a regular basis. Top areas to check include the attic, basement, and bathrooms, or anywhere with poor ventilation. Clean your bathroom vent every 2-4 months to avoid back-up.
2) A yearly H-VAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) tune-up by a professional can help prevent a furnace blower breakdown.
3) "I've seen people who have to replace an entire wall because of termites," said Polyana da Costa with Bankrate.com. An annual termite inspection can save you the trouble.
4) Have your chimney swept and inspected for cracks each year to avoid a fire.
5) "Periodically, the dryer vent either needs to be cleaned out, or it needs to be really replaced if it's a flexible dryer vent," said Robert Weitz, an environmental inspector and founder of RTK Environmental Group.
6) Clean out your gutters 4-6 times a year to prevent flooding and water damage.
7) Have your roof inspected once a year to stay on top of deterioration.
8) If you have a wood deck, be sure to power wash and seal it every 1-3 years, depending on use. Replacing an entire deck can cost $4-20,000!