A fire at the Alexor Apartment Complex on Secor Road near Alexis Road in west Toledo sends one man to the hospital with burns.
Neighbors say the victim was cooking when a small grease fire started.
The 24-year-old man quickly grabbed water in an attempt to douse the flames and ended up burning himself.
The victim was transported to the hospital for burns to his hands arm arms, and a cut to his arm from breaking the glass to the fire extinguisher.
The fire was contained to just the kitchen in that apartment.
Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.