Thursday, April 24 2014 8:14 AM EDT2014-04-24 12:14:31 GMT
Your purse is not the place where you think you might find some items that could poison your pet. On Thursday's FOX19 Morning News, Diana Dornbusch Cron, a veterinarian at Glenway Animal Hospital in GreenMore >>
Your purse is not the place where you think you might find some items that could poison your pet.More >>
Thursday, April 24 2014 11:19 AM EDT2014-04-24 15:19:29 GMT
A Toledo mother was sentenced Thursday morning after a jury found her guilty of killing her 6-month-old son last week. Amanda Bacon has been sentenced to life in prison with eligibility for parole.More >>
A Toledo mother was sentenced Thursday morning after a jury found her guilty of killing her 6-month-old son last week. Amanda Bacon has been sentenced to life in prison. She will be eligible for parole.More >>
A group of angry parents want the superintendent of Tiffin City Schools removed from her position and have started circulating a petition.More >>
A group of angry parents want the superintendent of Tiffin City Schools removed from her position and have started circulating a petition. More >>
(Toledo News Now) -
Guidelines surrounding how food is stored, and where it is stored apply to everyone. There are ways to keep you and your family safe when preparing, cooking, refrigerating and freezing food, but only if the rules are followed.
Keeping a clean kitchen, cooler and freezer are some of the most important things you can do to prevent a foodborne illness. With that said, inspectors are recommending a few restaurants make some changes.
First, New Empire Chinese Restaurant in Holland. During its inspection, a tray of beef was found sitting on top of a garbage can. Other violations included a couple of sinks blocked from use, and many of the facility's containers were not commercial-approved. Several home-style containers were being used for food storage.
Nine violations were found at the Magic Wok on Bancroft Street in west Toledo. An employee was noted eating in the kitchen, a bag of onions were being stored on the floor, and dirty dishes were sitting in the sink. Inspectors also discovered cooked chicken and beef sitting out at room temperature, which had to be tossed in the garbage.
A total of 11 violations were found at Koto Buki in Sylvania Township from an inspection report conducted earlier this year. Violations included rust on shelves, build-up on a cooler door, containers not commercial-approved, food stored on the floor, overstocked coolers and freezers, plus raw fish stored over produce and improper thawing of crab sticks and sushi.
The Subway along McCord road in Springfield Township is reporting no violations this week. Inspectors cleared it of any issues.
The same goes for the Cold Stone Creamery on West Dussel Drive in Maumee. Inspectors say food storage is very good and the facility is clean.
Also in good standing with the county's health department on West Dussel is Bangkok Kitchen, with no violations to report.