A three-story apartment building caught fire early Tuesday morning on the 100 block of South Main Street in Adrian, MI, forcing residents out of their homes.
"I'm sitting here thinking, 'Am I going to have a place to live? What's gonna happen? How bad is this gonna get?'" said Robinson.
Robinson says it's miracle everyone got out safely because there's no fire alarms anywhere inside the building. The task of warning everyone fell to neighbors, who banged on doors warning residents to get out.
The apartment manager is crediting one of his tenants for saving his life.
"I was scared to death. I was, like, in a daze. I had three people knocking on my door telling me there's a fire and I'm just standing there. They told me about three times, 'Terry there's seriously a fire,'" said Terry Boss.
For the next three days, the Red Cross will provide shelter for the families that no longer have a place to call home. Robinson says he has no idea where he'll stay after that.
"We'll get housed for the next three days, but I don't know if there's a shelter around here," he said.
South Main Street from Maumee to Winter, was closed. Church Street from Winter to Main, was closed due to a leaking fire hydrant.
Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.
Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.
730 North Summit Street