A neighbor tried to stop a fire from burning at a vacant home in Toledo early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters say the fire sparked at a home on the 600 block of Pleasant Place, near Lotus Avenue, around 2:30 a.m.
According to crews on the scene, a neighbor noticed the flames and tried to kick in the door of the burning home. He was unable to get inside, because there was too much smoke.
The vacant home was badly damaged. Fire crews are now assessing the structure to see if it will need to be demolished.
Fire investigators are calling the fire suspicious.
Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.
Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.