Broken lightbulb causes unnecessary scare Glendale - Toledo News Now, Breaking News, Weather, Sports, Toledo

Broken lightbulb causes unnecessary scare at assisted living facility

Posted: Updated:
(Toledo News Now) -

There was no fire at Tuesday night at the Glendale Assisted Living Center on Ryan Road. It turns out, the culprit was a broken lightbulb. 

The center is located near Reynolds and Glendale.

A Toledo News Now crew at the scene said the fire appeared to be extremely minor at the time. A spokesperson for the facility confirms that, saying a ballast blew in a flourescent lightbulb, and someone called 911 thinking there was a serious problem. She also said the fire marshal gave them an 'all clear.'

Worried families calling the facility should know that at no time was anyone in danger, the spokesperson tells WTOL 11. 

Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.