Sunday, March 9 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-03-10 02:54:31 GMT
An 18-year-old girl is dead after her car struck a tree in west Toledo late Sunday afternoon. Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right sideMore >>
Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right side of the roadway and struck a large tree.More >>
We share the Restaurant Ratings Report with you each week to keep you and your family safe, not to make you lose your appetite. Keep that in mind with these latest findings.More >>
(Toledo News Now) -
Diners sometimes like an extra crunch on their food, such as croutons or cashews. But what about cockroaches?
The City Diner on Monroe Street in west Toledo is at the center of a cockroach situation. Inspectors found the insect on a food slicer in the kitchen July 12.
Several other issues surfaced resulting in 14 violations, from eggs sitting out at room temperature, to food stored on ice because of a broken cooler. Inspectors also noted walls and floors in rough shape with build-up, plus raw shell eggs stored above raw beef.
Inspectors are recommending staff take a food safety training course to prevent future violation-filled reports.
A total of 12 violations were handed out to Barada's Restaurant further up Monroe Street. Violations included an unstocked sink at the bar, open bags of food in storage, unsafe food temperatures, and an overall lack of date labels on food products.
Frisch's Big Boy on Navarre Avenue in Oregon racked up 11 violations. It was another case of unsafe food temperatures, as well as build-up on walls, shelves and dishes. Inspectors found another sink unstocked and raw chicken stored above ground beef, which can lead to cross-contamination.
Unsafe food temperatures was another concern at the nearby McDonald's. Out of 10 violations, inspectors found a sink blocked for use, build-up in the ice machine, plus employee food stored above food for sale to customers.
In Sylvania, Jet's Pizza on McCord Road had six violations during its June 20 inspection. Violations included a leaking ceiling, broken cooler and foul odor coming from the grease trap in the kitchen.
One violation free restaurant to grab a meal? The Pizza Hut on Navarre in Oregon.