Sunday, December 8 2013 5:26 PM EST2013-12-08 22:26:38 GMT
A man was flown to a hospital in Cleveland with serious injuries after a car accident in Erie County on Saturday afternoon. The Ohio State Highway Patrol says Gary L McKisic, 47, of South Amherst, wasMore >>
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says Gary L McKisic, 47, of South Amherst, was driving on Kneisel Road when his car went off the right side of the road.More >>
"Me and my wife separated due to -- for several reasons; um, one of which being the way she treated my children," Terry Steinfurth told Nancy Grace Monday night. More >>
"Me and my wife separated due to -- for several reasons; um, one of which being the way she treated my children. That's why we separated, and we separated back in November," Terry Steinfurth told Nancy Grace Monday night.More >>
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
Dogs, flies and smokers make up this week's Restaurant Ratings Report, but it's not all bad news, especially if you have a taste for pizza.
It starts on Telegraph Road this week at Long Shots Sports Bar in west Toledo. Inspectors found four violations total, including flies in the bar area and a can of ant and cockroach spray, hinting there's more than food calling the kitchen its home. Pest control may need to be called in and assess the situation.
Four violations were also found at The Oasis on Laskey Road in west Toledo. A lot of food from the grill had to be tossed in the garbage after it was being held at an unsafe temperature. Containers possibly harboring bacteria need to be washed, once again. Maintenance repairs are necessary for a broken cooler and freezer, plus inspectors added a friendly reminder to be sure to cover food stored in coolers and freezers.
Paris Nite Club on Front Street in east Toledo has been in violation of the state's smoking code. Employees and patrons were told lighting up is not allowed inside. Inspectors also suggested a thorough cleaning, after trash was found underneath and inbetween bar equipment.
Six violations were found at Hooters on Monroe Street in west Toledo. The initial visit required a follow-up because there was no hot water during the inspection and not enough sanitizer available for the dish machine. Inspectors also recommended continuing to replace and repair floor tiles.
North Toledo's Anchor Inn is attracting both man and dog. Two violations were uncovered in its latest inspection. A four-legged friend has been asked to be removed from the bar and a homestyle fridge needs to be replaced with a commercial model.
Also on Suder Avenue, inspectors found a meaty problem at T&Z China King. Fried chicken was cooling at room temperature and raw beef was thawing in standing water.
On the other hand, three eateries are coming in clean this week: Pizza Hut on Glendale Avenue in south Toledo, plus Bambino's Pizza on Monroe Street and The River Diner on West Alexis Road in west Toledo.