More than 100,000 LEGO bricks were used to create a scale model replica of Cincinnati's Music Hall.
After 7.5 months of hard work, Music Hall's new installation is a 1/50 scale replica of one of Cincinnati's most famous landmarks.
Built by Mark Clark, the model includes the whole building (Both Springer Auditorium and the North and South Halls), a turn-of-the-century chandelier, the Miami-Erie Canal behind the Hall with a flatbed moving along the channel, a cobblestone Elm Street with horse-drawn buggies and a few added surprises.
The rear of the model will be open so visitors can see the stage, seats and balconies.
Some fun facts about LEGO Music Hall:
The model contains more than 100,000 LEGO bricks
More than 10,000 transparent blue 'dots' make up the Miami Erie Canal behind the building.
There are 310 windows which use more than 1,350 individual clear panels.
There are 960 seats in the model's Springer Auditorium.
The entire project took 7.5 months to complete.
The primary building material is a standard 2x4 brick which allowed the builder to purchase the material in bulk from any LEGO store.
90 percent of the building is standard LEGO material. The other 10 percent was purchased from a variety of LEGO storefronts.
The builder says the toughest work was the large rose window and arch work above it.
The base floor of the model weighs 18 pounds. It is solid, not hollow.
The only thing not original to the model is the Genius of Music statue, which is planned as part of Music Hall's original design, but never implemented.
The lego model will remain on display through August 9 from 10:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. The display is free and open to the public.