Fire on Nansen Street caused by kitchen rag Thursday morning - Toledo News Now, Breaking News, Weather, Sports, Toledo

Fire Officials: Kitchen rag causes Cathage house fire

Posted: Updated:
Fire crews were at the scene of a fire on the 100 block of Nansen Street Fire crews were at the scene of a fire on the 100 block of Nansen Street
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

Firefighters combated a fire that resulted in an estimate of $10,000 worth of damage for a one and a half single family home in Cathage early Thursday morning.

The Cincinnati Fire Department responded to a fire that broke out before 4:00 a.m. on Thursday in the 100 block of Nansen Street.

Authorities say that a woman was cleaning a stove with a rag, and threw the rag in a garbage can in a hallway. The rag was not completely extinguished, causing the fire.

No firefighters or civilians were hurt in this incident.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.