Wednesday, August 20 2014 1:35 PM EDT2014-08-20 17:35:47 GMT
Lyndi Trischler has a passion for police work. She became a Florence Police officer in February 2012. Last year, she welcomed her first daughter and a few months later became pregnant with her firstMore >>
Lyndi Trischler has a passion for police work. That's why she became a Florence Police officer in 2012. Now, she says, she is forced to choose between her job and her family.More >>
Dashcam footage captures an amazingly acrobatic motorcycle accident. As a car switches lanes, a motorcyclist slams into the vehicle's rear bumper. The motorcyclists is launched into the air, flips andMore >>
Dashcam footage captures an amazingly acrobatic motorcycle accident.More >>
Tuesday, August 19 2014 4:10 PM EDT2014-08-19 20:10:07 GMT
The police chief for Gulf Shores along Alabama's coast is weighing-in on the actions of the law enforcement commander in charge of Ferguson, Missouri's in the wake of an escalating crisis brought on byMore >>
Gulf Shores Police Chief Ed Delmore wrote a blistering open letter to Captain Ronald S. Johnson, who was given command of law enforcement operations following days of looting and rioting in the city.More >>
The Ohio EPA is warning people not to swim in the water at Maumee Bay State Park because of high levels of algae.
"We came out here to jet-ski, but the water's all green and now we can't," said Ethan Fisher, a disappointed visitor.
Some people staying at the park lodge say they were not informed by staff members about any danger.
"No one said anything about any issues with the water," said Keith Ramsay. "[It's very surprising] since this is a state park."
Several signs are posted on the beach, but some visitors would like more.
"It would be helpful to post signs in parking lots, you know, when you first come in the park," said Kathy Brunt.
The Ohio EPA says swimming in the water is especially dangerous for children, elderly, and anyone with a compromised immune system. Swallowing the algae water can damage the liver and nervous system. If it comes in contact with skin, it can cause an allergic reaction.
For more information about health risks, and to see other places with advisory warnings, click here.