Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >>
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >>
The heavy flooding which hit the Midwest in August has resulted in reports throughout the country that some used car dealers are selling flood-damaged cars. These are cars that have been underwater, and Dick Eppstein of the Better Business Bureau says it isn't a good idea to buy one.
Here are some tips on how to determine if the used car you are considering has been flood-damaged:
• Look under the hood, suspension and brakes for caked on mud or dirt stains.
• Does the carpet looks new or not match other areas of the interior?
• Look in the dash, trunk, glove compartment and underneath the seat for any mud or water stains
• Musty odors are a real tip off that it was in water for a long time
• Check the wires underneath the dashboard.
• Get a copy of the vehicle's history report, like CARFAX.