Sunday, December 8 2013 5:26 PM EST2013-12-08 22:26:38 GMT
A man was flown to a hospital in Cleveland with serious injuries after a car accident in Erie County on Saturday afternoon. The Ohio State Highway Patrol says Gary L McKisic, 47, of South Amherst, wasMore >>
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says Gary L McKisic, 47, of South Amherst, was driving on Kneisel Road when his car went off the right side of the road.More >>
Sunday, December 8 2013 8:30 AM EST2013-12-08 13:30:02 GMT
This week, Nicole Collier joins Jerry to dig deeper into the murder of 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth.More >>
This week, Nicole Collier joins Jerry to dig deeper into the murder of 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth. Hear new details of the case from Lucas County Prosecutor Julia Bates and Toledo Police Caption Brad Weis just days after Steven King and Angela Steinfurth accepted plea deals in the case.More >>
Imagine if you bought a new house and once you moved in, you noticed spiders crawling around everywhere. Brown recluses, to be exact. America Now talked to one family that did just that, and found out how they're getting rid of them! More >>
ADRIAN, MI (Toledo News Now) -
Dozens of residents were evacuated after a gas line erupted in Adrian Wednesday morning.
Police and fire departments issued an evacuation of a one-block area surrounding a natural gas leak in the 800 block of Howell Avenue on the south side of the city. The scene was clear and residents were allowed to return home after about an hour.
Adrian Fire Chief Paul Trinka says a company was installing new fiber optic lines underground when crews hit and punctured a natural gas line.
Officials were quick to respond, and a message was sent to residents' cell and home phones using Lenawee County's notification system. Firefighters went door to door, evacuating people who lived within an eighth of a mile from the incident.
Trinka says there is always a risk when a natural gas line bursts.
"The wind is a big help. Whenever we have the wind, it helps dissipate. Natural gas can go into areas where there's open windows and things like that. And if there's the right mixture or the right proportion of natural gas and air, there can be a fire or explosion," said Trinka.
There was no fire or explosion with this leak and no injuries were reported.