The sulfur is reacting and the chemicals inside caused a small vapor to leak out of the building.
Firefighters brought in a pumper truck from the Canton Fire Department and spread the water all the way over to the top of the building making sure that the white smoke doesn't spread throughout the neighborhood.
After firefighters saw the containers with some type of chemical reaction brewing a small fire broke out. Later in the night, the fire flared up and the building is in flames.
A shelter has been set up at the Canton Memorial Civic Center on Market St. North for evacuated residents who need it.
A couple of streets in the area are closed to traffic as well.
Records show that the cardboard box making company went out of business in 2011.