Sunday, March 9 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-03-10 02:54:31 GMT
An 18-year-old girl is dead after her car struck a tree in west Toledo late Sunday afternoon. Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right sideMore >>
Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right side of the roadway and struck a large tree.More >>
We share the Restaurant Ratings Report with you each week to keep you and your family safe, not to make you lose your appetite. Keep that in mind with these latest findings.More >>
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
Many downtown area restaurants were served a dose of reality, as county health inspectors paid owners a visit.
The Cock n' Bull on Huron Street received five violations during its latest visit. Inspectors found expired food labels, a dish machine not dispensing sanitizer to clean kitchenware, a food handler slicing tomatoes without gloves, and dark, pink build-up inside the ice machine.
A total of 11 violations were handed out to the Madison Bistro on Madison Avenue downtown. Violations included improper food temperatures, plus build-up on a food slicer, ice machine and cook line. Inspectors are asking management to clean the microwave, throw away its expired food, and clean the fans.
Eight violations were found at Petit Fours Patisserie & Café on Broadway Street in south Toledo. Inspectors found no soap at the bar sink, but found gnats in the bar area, as well as a leaking ceiling and bar sink.
Little Caesar's on West Alexis Road in west Toledo needs to fix its torn wall boards that are falling. Inspectors also suggested repairs for damaged ceiling tiles and a leaky faucet. Build-up underneath a sink also needs to be removed.
Down the street, Wild Wings-n-Things and Boston Market are winning over inspectors with zero violations.