Sunday, March 9 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-03-10 02:54:31 GMT
An 18-year-old girl is dead after her car struck a tree in west Toledo late Sunday afternoon. Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right sideMore >>
Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right side of the roadway and struck a large tree.More >>
We share the Restaurant Ratings Report with you each week to keep you and your family safe, not to make you lose your appetite. Keep that in mind with these latest findings.More >>
(Toledo News Now) -
The reviews are in and they're not all good.
Gnats have been noted at Magdalena's Bar & Grill on West Alexis Road in west Toledo. The restaurant only has one violation, but inspectors at the Lucas County Health Department are calling it a gnat infestation. The owner is expected to reach out to a pest control company to take care of the issue.
More gnats were found at Tribe's Tavern on West Alexis Road. Inspectors say they can be found behind the bar near sinks. Overall, inspectors noted six violations, including a lack of soap, a floor in poor shape and no mop sink.
Gnats are flying into Sylvania at Koto Buki's kitchen. Its eight violations include no date marking, vacuum-packaged fish thawing in coolers, raw shell eggs stored above fish and beef, plus opened bags of food in storage, and old, unused equipment.
Inspectors handed down 12 violations at Paddy Jack's Bar & Grill on Heatherdowns Boulevard in south Toledo. Duct tape was used to hold a door closed, improper food temps and date marking were found. Additionally, a dish machine not approved was installed in the facility and no one was determined food-safety certified. Staff members will have to sign up to attend a class and learn the basics.
Mr. Gyros & More racked up eight violations on Airport Highway in south Toledo. Inspectors found chicken and hamburger found thawing improperly, raw shell eggs stored above lettuce, grease build-up on hood filters, a cooler, and cook line, not to mention food debris on the floor.
Vito's on Sylvania Avenue in Sylvania is working to correct six violations, which include build-up on gaskets, no discard date on lettuce, dust on hood filters, and employees making food without gloves.