Authorities say two Lone Oak men are facing a number of charges after officers found stolen items in their homes.
Following the interview and upon the collection of other information detectives obtained and executed a search warrant Thursday for College Ave. at the apartment of Freeman.
A search revealed a number of stolen items, according to the sheriff's office.
Many of the items recovered were determined to have been recently stolen from various vehicles in the Lone Oak area. Detectives also searched a wooded area behind this particular apartment and discovered components consistent with those used to manufacture methamphetamine. Detectives also discovered evidence that indicated methamphetamine had been recently manufactured.
Detectives also searched Mitchell's apartment. A search of that apartment also revealed stolen property, some directly linked to vehicles in the Lone Oak area that had recently been broken into.
Detectives continued recovering items of stolen property into early Friday morning.
Interviews with the two main suspects, Sean Mitchell and Steven Freeman resulted in both breaking into several vehicles in the Lone Oak area recently. Steven Freeman claimed ownership of the methamphetamine manufacturing components and admitted to manufacturing methamphetamine in the College Avenue area recently.
Both were charged and booked into the McCracken County Regional Jail. Below is a list of charges:
Steven Freeman, 25, of Lone Oak faces charges of:
· Three counts of receiving stolen property over $500.00
· Three counts of theft by unlawful taking over $500.00
· Two counts of receiving stolen property under $500.00
· Two counts of theft by unlawful taking under $500.00
· Criminal Mischief Under $500.00
· Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st Offense
· Unlawful Possession Of A Meth Precursor
· Possession Of Burglar Tools
· Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia
Sean Mitchel, 29, of Lone Oak faces charges of:
· Three counts of receiving stolen property over $500
· Three counts of theft by unlawful taking over $500
· Two counts of receiving stolen property under $500
· Two counts of theft by unlawful taking under $500
· Criminal Mischief Under $500
Detectives are asking if any property that may have been sold, traded, or given to anyone by either one of these men to contact the sheriff’s office so property can be returned.
This investigation is ongoing and additional arrest and charges are expected in the near future.Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
730 North Summit Street