We share the Restaurant Ratings Report with you each week to keep you and your family safe, not to make you lose your appetite. Keep that in mind with these latest findings.More >>
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
Two children have been taken to an area hospital after a house fire in south Toledo.
Toledo Fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld says the fire broke out Wednesday morning in the back room of a home in the 500 block of Geneva Avenue in south Toledo. Neighbors say the people who live there tried to put out the fire themselves by using a garden hose.
Family members say a 10-month-old and a 4-year-old child were sleeping in the house at the time of the fire. The two children were taken to a nearby hospital with burns sustained in the fire.
"They were using my hose to try and put it out until the firemen got here," said ??? "It's scary. I don't want my house to catch on fire. I've lived here 30 years and I've never had anything like this happen before."
Fire officials say they are still working to determine a cause and damage estimate.