Crunchy Chicken with Oven-Roasted Broccoli
2 1/2-to-3-pound whole chicken
NOTE: you can save time by using boneless, skinless chicken breast
halves but using the whole chicken and quartering and skinning yourself
can save some money. But be sure you don't mind eating off of bones if
you use the whole chicken.
2 Tbsps. Dijon mustard
2 cups Cheerios, crushed
1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Remove giblets and neck and
discard. Quarter chicken and remove and discard skin.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken and mustard to coat. (If you're using chicken
breasts, just rinse and pat dry.)
3. In a large bowl, mix the crushed cereal, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Coat the chicken with the cereal mixture and
1 pound fresh broccoli crowns, rinsed
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic or 2 tsps.
minced from jar
2 tsps. low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3 Tbsps. chopped unsalted- unoiled-nuts
(almonds, pecans or walnuts suggested
– whatever is on sale will work)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. (or can use same oven as chicken). Rinse broccoli, trim
stalks into 1/8 inch-thick chunks and cut florets into bit sized pieces. Place in a
mixing bowl and toss with soy sauce, oil, pepper, and garlic.
2. Sprinkle the chopped nuts evenly in to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Place in the oven
3-4 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and toss into broccoli mixture.
3. Transfer broccoli mixture to casserole
dish and roast 10-12 minutes until
broccoli is tender. Serve warm.
730 North Summit Street