Fire crews say that a "careless smoker" is to blame for an early morning Westwood fire.
Firefighters received reports of the blaze around 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning in the 2500 block of Orland Avenue.
Crews arriving on the scene reported a working fire at the residence. All residents had evacuated the house prior to the fire department's arrival.
The cause of the fire has been determined as a careless smoker, damage is estimated at $30 thousand.
One firefighter was transported to the hospital and has since been released.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
730 North Summit Street