Thursday, April 24 2014 3:47 PM EDT2014-04-24 19:47:30 GMT
The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors and require approval for new products and health warning labels under regulations being proposed by the Food and Drug Administration.More >>
The federal government's move to regulate e-cigarettes is a leap into the unknown.More >>
The second teenager accused of raping a girl at Olander Park in September is heading to jail.
Last week, the 14-year-old accused of the same crime, acknowledged what had happened and was sent to a treatment facility.
Prosecutors say the two teens raped a 15-year-old girl at the park's bathroom stalls. In court Wednesday, it was revealed that the girl and younger teen went into the stalls to kiss. Then the 17-year-old peaked over the locked stall door and instructed the 14-year-old to sexually assault the girl. The prosecutor also stated he was let into that bathroom stall by the young teen and also assaulted her.
The prosecution says the 17-year-old is the one who initiated the rape.
"The older one, who pled today, we believe was the instigator of those acts, and that's the evidence that we have from the victim, the witness, the co-defendant who already pled," explained prosecutor Lori Olender.
The 17-year-old pleaded no contest to a charge of rape and will spend two years at the Department of Youth Services, but could stay up until he is 21. As part of him pleading no contest, the state decided not to try him as an adult. The teen will also have to register as a sex offender.
Kidnapping charges against the teen were dismissed Wednesday.
The 17-year-old's aunt says he has been painted to be a monster and truly is a good kid. She also said he was scared, which is why he pleaded no contest, and that his parents are devastated.