(KSDK) - Not many of us can say we have saved a life, but 9-year-old Emily Ogle of Roxana, Illinois did just that earlier this week.
"Well, I was just sitting there eating my lunch and then I looked over at Kuper and I saw that his face was red...," Emily said.
She noticed her classmate, Kuper Stevens, was choking on a bread stick during lunch Monday. He couldn't breathe and was turning red.
Despite the normal hustle and bustle and noise of an elementary school lunchroom, Emily knew exactly what to do. All because of what her father taught her.
"I did the Heimlich maneuver and I guess I got it out, but I didn't think so. So I ran and got the monitor, but I guess I already got it out," she said.
Read more: http://on.ksdk.com/IsoAVQ
730 North Summit Street