Sunday, March 9 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-03-10 02:54:31 GMT
An 18-year-old girl is dead after her car struck a tree in west Toledo late Sunday afternoon. Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right sideMore >>
Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right side of the roadway and struck a large tree.More >>
We share the Restaurant Ratings Report with you each week to keep you and your family safe, not to make you lose your appetite. Keep that in mind with these latest findings.More >>
(Toledo News Now) -
Once it's safe to travel, a good meal outside of the comfort of your home may be in order.
T and Z China King located along Suder Avenue in Toledo is off to a good start in 2014 with no violations to report.
Also along Suder is the Anchor Inn. It has one violation - and we've reported on it before - a dog is in the bar area. No pets are allowed in a bar or restaurant except service animals.
You may want to take advantage of Papa John's Tuesday special. The Dorr Street location is clean and safe, according to the health department, with no violations to report.
Comfort food is in order following this week's bout of cold weather. You can find a lot of it at Boston Market on Secor Road. No violations could be found when inspectors visited last month.
There are 10 violations to fix at Frisch's Big Boy in Maumee on South Reynolds Road. Inspectors found food without a date label, build-up underneath fryers, not to mention excessive grease. The county says cleaning of equipment is inadequate and additional cleaning is needed to keep pests away.
The Lucas County Health Department is issuing a public health order for Fricker's in Maumee. Nine violations in all, but one in particular is raising a red flag because the county says it's visited the site four times and the facility's flooring has yet to be fixed. As a result, the department issued a public health order for noncompliance.
The Buzz Family Diner in Whitehouse also has an issue with its floor, according to the health department. Additionally, various foods were found sitting out at room temperature in different stages of cooling and thawing, which inspectors called potentially hazardous. Inspectors also noted the back room needs to be cleaned out and the trash has to be removed from the facility in a timely manner.