Firefighters in Gaston County responded to a house fire Tuesday morning they say was caused by combustible materials near a stove that was being used to heat the home.
The call came in just before 10 a.m. about the fire on King Crowder Drive. Firefighters from Crowder's Mountain Fire and Rescue, Union Road Volunteer Fire Department, and the Gastonia Fire Department all responded to the scene.
It took crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire, which they say caused over $1,000 in damages to the home.
Officials told WBTV that a working smoke detector alerted the family of the fire, and that they were able to get out of the house without injury.
Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved.
730 North Summit Street
Toledo, OH 43604