Firefighters believe that unattended incense is to blame for a Northside house fire on Thursday evening.
Crews received reports of the fire just before 7 p.m. in the 1700 block of Townsend Street. Firefighters arriving on the scene reported a large fire on the first floor of a two-story home.
Following an aggressive attack, firefighters say they were able to control the fire within 15 minutes. The fire was contained to the first floor but smoke and heat caused extensive damage throughout the home.
Authorities say that the fire was discovered by the owner when she arrived home. The house was unoccupied at the time.
Fire crews say the cause of the fire appears to be unattended incense left burning in the home. Damage has been estimated at $30 thousand.
No injuries were reported in the blaze.
Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.
730 North Summit Street