Sunday, March 9 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-03-10 02:54:31 GMT
An 18-year-old girl is dead after her car struck a tree in west Toledo late Sunday afternoon. Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right sideMore >>
Toledo Police say Theresa Brazzel was driving northbound on Richards Rd. when she drove off the right side of the roadway and struck a large tree.More >>
We share the Restaurant Ratings Report with you each week to keep you and your family safe, not to make you lose your appetite. Keep that in mind with these latest findings.More >>
(Toledo News Now) -
Health inspectors say there's more than cooking going on inside of some local kitchens.
The Lucas County Health Department found evidence of smoking in the food prep area at Rocky's on Secor Road. Ashes were sitting on a cutting board, along with an ash tray with cigarettes in it. It's against Ohio state law to smoke inside restaurants and bars. Inspectors are also reminding late night staff members to be food safety certified and keep up with cleaning so dishes aren't left piled in the sink.
A total of 17 violations were found at Max & Erma's on Arrowhead Road in Maumee. Inspectors found a dish machine not dispensing chlorine, but it was later corrected. Staff members need to wipe down walls to clear build-up from food and cutting boards also need to be cleaned.
During a recent inspection of Fricker's on Reynolds Road in Maumee, a public health order was issued to repair the flooring along the grill. Based on the follow-up inspection, the public health order has been met.
Four violations were noted at Ottawa Tavern on Adams Street in Toledo, including a dog in the facility. Only service animals are allowed inside.
Chipotle on West Central Avenue racked up four violations, including a food handler making burritos while wearing gloves torn from long fingernails.
No violations to report at Pot Belly Sandwich Shop on Talmadge Road.