Wednesday, August 27 2014 3:29 PM EDT2014-08-27 19:29:06 GMT
A senior adviser to Sierra Leone's president says a third doctor has died from Ebola, marking a setback in the country's fight against the virulent disease.More >>
A third top doctor has died from Ebola in Sierra Leone, a government official said Wednesday, as a leading American health official warned that the outbreak sweeping West Africa would get worse.More >>
Tuesday, August 19 2014 4:53 PM EDT2014-08-19 20:53:02 GMT
A cross was burned in the yard of a Smith County man after what his family is referring to as a vicious hate crime occurred. Family members say that Craig Wilson was beaten with brass knuckles and shotMore >>
A burning cross, a Smith county man beaten and shot by a family member, and in critical condition. We are told this is much more than a family feud, and outraged family members are calling it a "hate crime."
Two popular Mexican restaurants show up in this week's Restaurant Ratings Report. One had a clean report, but the other got caught using a garbage can for something you should never use a garbage can for.
Seven violations were served to Mi Hacienda along Glanzman Road in Toledo. Inspectors found a garbage can being used to hold clean dishes. There was also heavy grease along the cookline and build-up of dust on the ceiling.
McDonald's on Monroe Street in Toledo racked up four violations. Inspectors noted employees with artificial and/or polished nails, as well as staff members wearing jewelry.
Just one issue for Herbie's Place on West Main Street in Haskins, OH. The Wood County Health Department followed up after a complaint of an employee not washing hands after using the restroom. The cook there is now emphasizing the need for handwashing with all employees.
Nothing but good news near the Golden Gate shopping plaza at El Salto in Maumee. The Lucas County Health Department walked through it earlier this month and noted zero violations. No violations could be found at John's Korner Bar and Grill on Tedrow Road in Toledo, as well.
Each year, 1 in 6 Americans gets sick by consuming contaminated foods or beverages, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Learn more about foodborne illnesses so you can protect your health.