EAST MEMPHIS (WMC-TV) – Bring on the street meat. And fruits. And veggies – and park that food truck at the Dixon!
Dixon Gallery & Gardens, 4339 Park Ave., announced the triumphant return of Food Truck Fridays, starting Friday, April 4.
Every Friday from April through September, Dixon will host one of Shelby County's permitted food trucks and members of Memphis Food Truckers Alliance. Food Truck Fridays last through lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The Dixon's gardens admission will be free during that period, but you do have to pay the food truckers (gallery admission will also still require a fee).
"Shaded outdoor seating is available surrounded by the Dixon's gardens," said Carolyn Fly, communications associate for Dixon Gallery & Gardens. "A fun opportunity to spend lunch with co-workers, or friends, and an ideal time to visit the museum, Food Truck Fridays is great way to kick off the weekend."
Food trucks scheduled for April and May at Dixon's Food Truck Fridays:
* April 4 - Fuel & Fresh Gulf Shrimp (Twitter @FuelFoodTruck) (Twitter @FRESHGULF)
* April 11 - Graze & Cariflavor (Twitter @GrazeFoodTruck)
* April 18 - Rock'n'Dough & So Fresh Mobile Juice Bar (Twitter @RocknDoughPizza)
* April 25 - MarksGrill & The Dog and Slaw (Twitter @MarksGrill) (Twitter @DogandSlaw)
* May 2 - Gourmet Grillers & Millie's Garden (Twitter @GourmetGrillers) (Twitter @MilliesGarden)
* May 9 - Iron Horse Skillet & Revival (Twitter @ironhorseskillet) (Twitter @Revival_Food)
* May 16 - Stickem & A Square Meal on Wheels (Twitter @StickemFood) (Twitter @asquaremeal1)
* May 23 - Central BBQ & Memphis Dawgs (Twitter @CentralBBQ) (Twitter @MemphisDawgs)
* May 30 - Millie's Garden & David's Catering Tandoori Cuisine (Twitter @MilliesGarden)