Crews responding to large fire near Memphis airport - Toledo News Now, Breaking News, Weather, Sports, Toledo

Faulty water heater starts large fire in Memphis home

Posted: Updated:
According to officials, a faulty water heater is the cause of the fire. According to officials, a faulty water heater is the cause of the fire.
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) - Crews responded to a large fire near Bishops Bridge Road and Beauchamp Drive Tuesday night.

According to officials, a faulty water heater is the cause of the fire.

The homeowner was asleep downstairs and a smoke alarm started going off. He heard fire on the second floor and tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher. 

The man made it out safely.

Thirty-four emergency responders worked the fire for at least an hour.

This area is east of the Memphis airport.

Get the latest from Action News 5 anytime: iPhone | iPad | Android | SMS Alerts | Email Alerts | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Copyright 2014 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.