Firefighters say that the use of an open flame torch to remove paint from a building is to blame for a Clifton fire that injured one person.
Crews received reports of the fire around 1 p.m. Friday afternoon in the 400 block of Clifton Avenue. Dispatch said a worker at the location reported a fire on the roof.
Officials arriving on the scene reported heavy fire and smoke coming from the roof of the two-story home. Firefighters say they were able to control the blaze within 45 minutes. Crews remained on the scene for an additional 45 minutes extinguishing a hot spot and performing overhaul operations.
Crews say that one civilian was injured. However, he refused transportation to the hospital.
Damage has been estimated at $25,000. The cause of the fire has been determined to be the use of an open flame torch to remove paint from a building.
Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.
730 North Summit Street