Lourdes University is making progress on what will eventually be the main entrance to campus, but there is even more to come, and the school is offering a virtual tour of its mid-campus expansion.
The pathway connecting dorms to main campus will cost $1.5 million.
The university is working on the following aspects of the expansion:
- Trees have been cleared to make way for landscaping and the pathway
- Fencing is being installed around the perimeter of the property
- Sidewalk is in the final stages of design
- Green space is being cleaned and leveled
- The light poles and security system are designed
- Construction bids on the concrete walks should be out soon
- Yellow house at the corner of Brint and McCord is set to be moved to its new home within the neighborhood
The design revolves around a potential rec center, but that depends on fundraising efforts.
"Where the rec center will be is in the plans so we won't -- the walkway goes around that. The other piece that we'll be putting in is a practice field for soccer and lacrosse, and that will go in this piece that we are doing right now," explained David Livingston, president of Lourdes University.
Livingston says the project will be complete mid-August.