What are your favorite things to cook your family? Once you have submitted your recipe, we'll post it online with your name and state for everyone to see.More >>
Mexican Style Bread Pudding with Coffee Infused Cream
6 cups cubed French bread, crusts removed (Stale bread is the best!)
¼ cup butter, melted
½ cup cocoa powder
½ cup white sugar
6 ounces Mexican Style Chocolate (such as Nestle Abulelita)
1 ¾ cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 eggs, beaten
1 oz coffee (chilled)
4 oz Mexican Style Sweetened Condensed Milk (Such as Nestle La Lechera
3 oz whipped cream or whipped topping
Fresh berries and mint for garnish
1. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl, and drizzle with melted butter. Toss to coat. Mix together the sugar and Cocoa Powder, sprinkle evenly over the bread cubes, and toss again. Butter an 8 inch square glass baking dish, and spread bread cubes evenly into the baking dish.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and heavy cream just to the boiling point; do not boil. Remove from heat, add chopped Mexican Chocolate, and whisk until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Slowly whisk in the warm cream and chocolate mixture. Pour over bread cubes in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and press down gently to form a smooth top. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake covered with foil for the first 25 minutes; remove foil and continue for 10 additional minutes. Bake pudding until just set; about 35 minutes.
5. In a medium sized bowl combine Mexican Style Sweetened Condensed Milk with coffee. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over plated bread pudding or place in small tipped, food safe plastic bottle to garnish base of the plate.
6. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh berries and mint.